Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Flapping in the breeze

It's been a bit more than 3 weeks since the start of the calendar New Year and I'm still just sort of hanging around in a perpetual limbo state. Word from on high is that my security clearance hasn't been approved yet, but then neither has it been denied. The good folks at Lockheed say that clearances are taking, on average 4-6 months or more to complete, and mine won't even hit the 4 month mark until the end of next week. Frankly it sucks, especially with the added problem of my current employer pressuring me to leave ever since they found out that I was trying to get a position at Lockheed way back in November.

To add insult to injury, my personal life isn't exactly moving out of neutral gear any time soon either. I've spent the 8 months since my divorce was finalized mostly alone, with a single noteworthy exception in the form of an ill-advised affair with a woman I didn't know (at the time) was using me to cheat on their significant other.

I did recently meet someone that I've found myself deeply infatuated with. The downside is that I'm not sure if it was really mutual or if she was just playing me. Only time will tell on that I suppose.

The ultimate point, I think, is that I'm pretty much left floating in perpetual limbo at this point. So what the hell am I supposed to do now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home