Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Recovery and moving forward...

So, I had to have surgery on the 16th of December. It was...unpleasant to say the very least. The procedure itself, wasn't as bad as it could have been, I suppose, it certainly was nothing compared to the last time that I had to have a surgical procedure for a kidney problem.

It did, however, take me 3 days to stop passing blood, which HURTS by the way, a lot. Then the problems were further compounded by the fact that I had an unusual, but not unheard of, reaction to one of the post-op medications the doctor prescribed. Unfortunately, that reaction made me miserable until we finally figured out what was going on yesterday. Thankfully, today is a big improvement overall, the dizziness and lightheadedness that plagued me thanks to the medication finally cleared up and I'm back at work now.

The back to work part I could have done without, but what are you going to do? With the holiday season, I haven't been able to get in contact with anyone at Lockheed yet to find out if I can start with them soon or not, so I continue to toil at my current place of employment. Hopefully, once the holidays get past us, everything will start seriously moving forward again. I certainly hope so at any rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home