Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Welcome to another new year

So, this is the beginning of the new year. So far, it's not particularly different from the old year, but in some ways that's okay. A new year in and of itself is a good thing, it's a perfect time for new beginnings and letting go of the illusions we cling to about ourselves and our lives. That's what I really need now, a new beginning, a fresh start, renewal of self.

That's my goal for the new year, not a resolution, I don't make those. Resolutions are too easily broken and too quickly forgotten. This is more than that. This is a pledge, a vow, an oath if you will, sworn between myself and my Goddess that I will make more of my life this year than I have in the past. It's important to me, sacred even.

In the past, I've let other people push and pressure me into doing, saying, and even trying to be things that I just am not. I've let others dictate the path of my life. That stops today. Today, I reclaim my self.

Today, my life begins again.

1 Comments:

At 5:37:00 PM, Blogger FlotsamCollector said...

To quote numerous others:

Carpe Diem
&
To Thine Own Self, be true

and last but not least...

You think that's air your breathing? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home