Monday, November 21, 2005

Letting the dust settle

It's been two hellishly chaotic weeks since the last time that I managed to take the time to post. Things did not go well with K.'s visit and she and I will not be seeing each other again as long as she is still with M. This means that she and I probably won't be seeing each other again at all, as I have serious doubts that she has any intention of ever leaving M. There's a part of me that was saddened by that realization, but frankly, I think it's probably for the best.

Things in my life were made even more awkward last week, when the person doing my background investigation for my security clearance showed up at my current job. They were supposed to have notified me in advance of when they were going to do that, because my current employer still didn't know that I was looking for another job nor that I had one lined up. Needless to say, this resulted in all manner of awkwardness. On the plus side, of the many possible reactions I'd anticipated from the person who runs the company I currently work for, I got the easiest to live with one -- namely, I am a non-person. She just ignores me completely. With as small-minded and petty as they are capable of being, this is actually a good thing, I mean she could be going out of her way to really make me miserable instead of just ignoring, so I count myself as lucky in that regard at least.

And now of course Thanksgiving is looming at the end of the week. Normally, I don't much mind this particular holiday, but I let my mother talk me into going with her and my stepfather to visit my sister in Kentucky this year, so I've essentially committed myself to a 4 day stretch without my lifeline (the internet). I am taking my laptop with me, maybe I'll at least be able to get some of my homework done over the weekend, seeing as the due dates for everything that I've got left to do (2 assignments and completing an AI project) is December 9th. There's really not a lot of time left...

Oh, and it looks like I should expect to hear something about when I can start my new job by the early part of December. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd pin a start date at the beginning of the new year, since I'm not overly keen on the idea of moving the week of Christmas. Here's hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home